Yule is almost here! I hope everyone is having a wonderful time. As we approach the longest, darkest night of the year it’s important to me to celebrate the joys of life, the lights in the night and just to have a little frivolity in the darkness. I hope this list helps you find some places to share some of the joys of the season with others in the community.
There is always a lot going on in Georgia; here are some of the events in the next week:
Saturday 12/17 Moon at Last Quarter
- Atlanta/ Sandy Springs Psychic Fair 10a to 8p try out different psychics and learn about new and different modalities from Astrology to Zen Tarot. It’s a psychic smorgasbord filled with exciting possibilities and rewarding experiences. 6800 Roswell Rd Unit 1 A in Atlanta/Sandy Springs, http://www.theinnerspace.com
- Lake Claire Drum Circle This is an open drum circle held just outside L5P in the Lake Claire area of Atlanta, 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Athens Area Pagans weekly meeting: 5 to 6 pm every Saturday at Trapeze, 269 West Washington Street Athens, GA (except UGA home game dates, then at Hendershot’s Coffee to avoid the traffic)
- Wicca 101: Lady Kyairthwen shares the basics of Wicca – what it is, and what it isn’t. Learn about Circles, Sabbaths, Es bats, Rituals, and the Deities involved in the religion of Wicca. $15 per class. Class will be held every other Sunday and is setup where you can miss a class and not fall behind!
- Earth Healers Temple in Milledgeville – Yule Ritual – Details to be announced. We will share a meal, please bring a dish to share with everyone. Visitors welcome and expected. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if possible.
- Grove of the Red Earth Discussion Group 1p to 3p Fudruckers Marietta 3000 Windy Hill Rd
- Monday Night (Border) Pagans — East Cobb/Marietta WHOLE FOODS at Merchants Walk in East Cobb [inside the cafe] 8pm to 10pm
- Occupy Atlanta Interfaith Prayer Hour 4 pm, Bennett Hall in the Morehouse School of Religion building on the campus of the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC). 700 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30314-4143 Pagans are emphatically welcome.
- U.U. Fellowship of Athens Journey Into Light: a Winter Solstice Service 7p to 9:30p Celebrate the longest night and the return of the sun through music, verse, contemplation, and ritual. The Chalice Choir will sing with musical guests Dave D’Angelo and Denise D’Angelo Jones and our own Brent Litch and Shane Aldredge. There will be a special collection of food and funds for the Food Bank of Northeast GA. Nursery provided.
- Winter Solstice at Atlanta Unity Church 7:30p to 9p
Participants are encouraged to bring a comfortable pillow so they can be seated on the floor inside or outside these shimmering wings of sound of the SOS Crystal Bowl Choir. 3597 Parkway Ln, Norcross, GA 30092-2827 Love offerings to the church gratefully accepted.
- PAGE: Pagan Atlanta Gay Exchange Conversation Thursday: NEW LOCATION the Pagan Atlanta Gay Exchange, a group for Metro Atlanta area GLBTs that seek like minded individuals for brother- and sisterhood surrounding our Pagan beliefs and heritages and how these truths may be impacted by our daily GLBT lives. Every Thursday night at 8pm at Southern Polytechnic State University in Marietta GA. 1100 South Marietta Parkway Marietta, GA 30060 at the S. Marietta Entrance, Student Center Room A214 Main Level
- Dove and Serpent Oasis of O.T.O. End of the year party. If you’ve been curious about us but not ready to come to a performance
of the Gnostic Mass this is a time to meet folks and talk, or if you’re
just looking for a good party for Friday night, come on out. Anyone
interested please contact email@example.com for more information.
These are just some of the events happening in Georgia. If you’re event wasn’t mentioned it’s probably because we don’t know about it yet. Please send your press releases, event announcements, Rites of Passage notices and community news to firstname.lastname@example.org.