Happiest of New Years to all! I hope this list helps you find some places to share some of the joys of the season with others in the community.
There is always a lot going on in Georgia; here are some of the events in the next week:
- New Year’s Eve Ritual near Milledgeville– 10 pm at Councilwoman Christine’s home circle email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 478- 451- 0139 for directions. Finger foods served, please bring something to share. Visitors welcome and expected. RSVP if possible.
- Lake Claire Drum Circle This is an open drum circle held just outside L5P in the Lake Claire area of Atlanta, 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Athens Area Pagans weekly meeting: 5 to 6 pm every Saturday at Trapeze, 269 West Washington Street Athens, GA (except UGA home game dates, then at Hendershot’s Coffee to avoid the traffic)
- Psychic Fair-Readings for the New Year: Come in to get your reading for the new year, and get going in the right direction! All readings are $1 per minute. At Forever and a Day
Sunday 1/1 Moon at First Quarter
- HAPPY NEW YEARS!
- Wicca 101: Lady Kyairthwen shares the basics of Wicca – what it is, and what it isn’t. Learn about Circles, Sabbaths, Es bats, Rituals, and the Deities involved in the religion of Wicca. $15 per class. Class will be held every other Sunday and is setup where you can miss a class and not fall behind! http://trilogybookstore.com for details.
- Monday Night (Border) Pagans — East Cobb/Marietta WHOLE FOODS at Merchants Walk in East Cobb [inside the cafe] 8pm to 10pm
- Occupy Atlanta Interfaith Prayer Hour 4 pm, Bennett Hall in the Morehouse School of Religion building on the campus of the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC). 700 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30314-4143 Pagans are emphatically welcome.
- PAGE: Pagan Atlanta Gay Exchange Conversation Thursday: NEW LOCATION the Pagan Atlanta Gay Exchange, a group for Metro Atlanta area GLBTs that seek like minded individuals for brother- and sisterhood surrounding our Pagan beliefs and heritages and how these truths may be impacted by our daily GLBT lives. Every Thursday night at 8pm at Southern Polytechnic State University in Marietta GA. 1100 South Marietta Parkway Marietta, GA 30060 at the S. Marietta Entrance, Student Center Room A214 Main Level http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pageglbtgroup/
These are just some of the events happening in Georgia. If you’re event wasn’t mentioned it’s probably because we don’t know about it yet. Please send your press releases, event announcements, Rites of Passage notices and community news to email@example.com.